Are you considering joining eXp Realty and want to know what you can expect? The eXp Realty onboarding process can initially seem overwhelming, but eXp gives you plenty of help and resources to guide you along the way.
Below, we’ll cover the six steps to becoming an eXp Realty agent. I’ll share all the emails you’ll receive along the way and give you several resources you can use if you need help.
1. Submit Your eXp Realty Join Application & ICA
The eXp Realty onboarding process begins with your “eXp Realty Join Application” and Independent Contractors Agreement. To fill out the short 15-minute Join Application, head over to join.exprealty.com. Click “Apply as an Agent” in the top-right corner of the page.
To complete your join application, you’ll need to know the following:
- Your real estate license number (if you already have one)
- Your preferred method of commission disbursement (personal or business as allowed by your state)
- Direct Deposit information
- Payment authorization for the set-up fee (will be charged once you’ve been converted to an active agent)
- Which REALTOR association and MLS do you wish to be affiliated with
Naming a Sponsor
During the application process, you’ll want to name your sponsor (the person most responsible for your decision to join eXp Realty). There’s a search box where you can type the agent’s name and pick from a list of agents. There are photos for each agent if two agents have the same name.
I do not recommend joining eXp Realty without a sponsor! There are no additional fees or splits associated with naming a sponsor. You only benefit from additional support and resources when you name a sponsor. You still receive all the same benefits from eXp Realty either way.
If you want information about partnering with me at eXp Realty, head to my partner page. I provide exclusive access to my entire course academy, weekly Zoom training calls, a referral network, your eXp Explained Landing Page, and a private Facebook community, all free.
Resuming Where You Left Off
You have a login associated with your application that will save your progress and allow you to view a dashboard where you can pick up where you left off.
To complete your eXp Join Application and Independent Contractor Agreement:
- Click on https://joinapp.exprealty.com/SSO/
- Sign In with your credentials
- Click on the button to complete your eXp Join application and sign your Independent Contractors Agreement.
eXp World Guest Access
When you submit your join application, you’ll receive an email with your login credentials and guest pass so you can get into eXp World even though you aren’t officially an eXp agent yet.
With the guest pass, you’ll be able to access eXp World to get help with the eXp Realty onboarding process from the support team or get any other customer service you might need.
Save this email for your records so you can remember all the steps you need to activate your eXp access, complete your eXp Join Application, and sign in to eXp World.
To activate your eXp access, follow these steps:
- Click on the “Activate” link in the email eXp sends you after signing your independent contractor agreement.
- Click “Configure factor” and enter your phone number to authenticate your account
- Choose a security question and answer
To sign in to eXp World:
- Download the eXp World Application: https://download.exprealty.com
- Select PC or Mac download and install eXp World on your computer
- To sign in to eXp World, click “Login with Passport.”
- Enter the username and password provided below and select “Sign In.”
- Click the box on the right to agree to the License Agreement.
- Click the “Create New Avatar” button to customize your avatar and get started!
The same email will also include the activation link mentioned in step one to activate your eXp access. This link will officially activate your guest pass. You’ll see your guest username and password beneath it.
Sign Your Independent Contractor Agreement
Once you’ve completed the Join Application, you’ll automatically be emailed a copy of the eXp Realty Independent Contractor Agreement via an e-signature platform. This document is 33 pages and includes all the details about your responsibilities to eXp Realty and vice versa.
2. eXp Realty Verifies Your License and Reviews Your ICA
Now that you’ve signed your Independent Contractors Agreement, eXp’s internal team also needs to sign it. This is done during normal business hours, Monday-Friday.
You’ll be notified via email first, then by phone or text if revisions are needed.
Once that’s complete, you’ll receive another email with a copy of your Independent Contractors Agreement that you can download for your records. (Subject: Welcome to eXp Realty Let’s get started)
3. Transfer Your License & Affiliate With MLS
Next, you need to transfer your license to eXp. This process is different for each state. You’ll receive an email from your state broker team within 24-48 hours after signing your independent contractor agreement. The email will have step-by-step instructions that are specific to your state.
*If you are in NY, TN, or DE, you must speak with the broker team to continue with License Activation/Transfer per state regulations. Please be proactive in reaching out to the Broker Teams.
If you have not received notification your license was transferred and have not heard from the Broker Team within 24 business hours, please get in touch with the team:
- Email (StateAbbreviation).firstname.lastname@example.org
- eXp World: Go To Menu -> Broker State Room -> State
Once the license transfer is complete, the Designated Managing Broker will sign off on your file, and you can move on to the next step.
Once your license is active with eXp Realty in your state, you’ll need to join your local MLS and National Association of Realtors. REALTOR Associations require licensees affiliated with a REALTOR Firm to become REALTORS themselves
- eXp Realty is a REALTOR Firm. Within days of joining eXp, all agents must affiliate themselves with a REALTOR Board and an MLS
- eXp Realty does not control the costs or processes associated with joining these organizations.
- Licensees should investigate the costs and process before joining eXp Realty.
- eXp Realty is not affiliated with a forms provider. Many associations provide Sales Contracts & forms, but each state is unique.
4. Getting Set Up with eXp Realty
After your license is transferred over, you’re officially a member of eXp Realty in your state. However, you still have to work on setting up all of eXp Realty’s systems and tools to get started.
First, you’ll need to set up your eXp email address. Ensure you set up forwarding correctly between your and eXp addresses, so you don’t miss any important emails.
You’ll receive an email with the subject, “Activate your eXp Realty email address.” Follow the prompts in the email to complete forwarding to your eXp address.
Once you’ve verified your email address and set up forwarding, you’ll be able to send and receive messages from your eXp realty email address. In addition, all emails from your eXp Realty address will be sent to your preferred forwarding email address.
To learn more about sending email as your eXp Realty alias, you can visit eXp’s Knowledge Base. The link will be in that same email, and a unique password you’ll need to log in to it.
5. You’re Officially Active With eXp
At this point, you’re active and officially an eXp Realty agent!
Once the team makes you active in the system, it will trigger three different emails to your new eXp Realty email address, which is why you need to set it up first.
These three emails are:
- A welcome email: “Welcome to eXp Realty! Your Passport Account”
- Skyslope activation: “Activate Your eXp Realty Skyslope Account.” Skyslope is the cloud-based transaction management platform where you will turn in your signed contracts with clients.
- Coupon for free business cards: “Onboarding: First 1,000 Business Cards On Us.” You’ll get a coupon code for your free business cards.
In the welcome email, you’ll receive a link to activate your eXp Realty Passport, which is eXp’s single sign-on system.
About 15 tools and systems are used by eXp Realty, including eXp Enterprise, the Marketing Center, Explore Guide and Workplace. With eXp Passport, you only need one login for these systems.
However, the quickest way to get help is in eXp World with eXp staff in real-time. eXp World is open Monday through Friday, from 6 am to 5 pm PST and 9 am to 8 pm EST.
Also, this email will tell you to watch out for a calendar invite from the Agent Experience Team for your agent orientation.
The orientation will answer most of the questions you have. It takes place in the eXp World auditorium.
You’ll also get familiar with all the different systems and tools that eXp uses and where you can go to answer your questions.
Lastly, the eXplore guide is another helpful tool you can access through eXp Enterprise. It has all sorts of information you can read to know more about how eXp Realty works.
For general agent questions about the eXp Realty onboarding process:
- Contact Agent Onboarding at email@example.com
- Call (833) 303-0610 and press 2 for Join Application questions
- Chat with support in the bottom right-hand corner of the JoinApp Website.
If you’re a team leader and have questions about general team onboarding, email Team Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (833) 303-0610 and press 3 for Team Support.
For state-specific questions, contact the broker team by emailing (StateAbbreviation).email@example.com or using your eXp World Guest Pass and visiting your state’s Broker Room.
The eXp Realty onboarding process typically ranges from 2 to 5 business days. On average, it should take around two business days.
To check on the current status of your onboarding, you can visit https://onboardingstatus.expenterprise.com/.
Visit this link and input the personal code you received in the first email eXp sent you, and you can see what step of the process you are on.
Of course, you can always ask your sponsor if you have any issues. They are usually more than happy to help you out themselves or get you in touch with someone who can.
Would You Like To Partner With Me?
I’ve helped hundreds of real estate agents, team leaders, & brokers all over the country increase their sales, online presence, and create scalable systems. I would love the opportunity to work with you. Together, we can make this year your best yet!