A quick Amazon search for real estate books comes up with over 60,000 titles. There is no shortage of coverage on the subject. Whether you are a real estate agent looking to increase your business or an investor looking to grow your real estate portfolio, here is the list of the Top 25 books for real estate agents in 2023. These books have been hand-chosen because I believe they have impacted my success as a real estate agent.
I’ve made it my goal for many years now to read a book a month. This goal is in addition to the numerous blog posts, youtube videos, and podcasts I follow and listen to. I feel that it’s crucial always to be learning new things. I’ve never picked up a book where I didn’t learn something new. I honestly attribute any success I’ve had in business, personal, and life to a never-ending quest for knowledge, and books are a significant part of that.
I challenge you to set a goal for reading books through Audible in the car or setting time aside to read. Pick several books you will read this year and stick to them. You’ll be amazed at what reading will do. Not just for your knowledge but your hunger for more information!
- The Millionaire Real Estate Agent: It's Not About the Money It's About Being the Best You Can Be
- Your First Year in Real Estate, 2nd Ed.: Making the Transition from Total Novice to Successful Professional
- 6 Steps to 7 Figures: A Real Estate Professional's Guide to Building Wealth and Creating Your Own Destiny
- The Conversion Code: Capture Internet Leads, Create Quality Appointments, Close More Sales
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results
- YouTube for Real Estate Agents: Learn How To Get Free Real Estate Leads And Never Cold Call Again
- The Miracle Morning for Real Estate Agents: It's Your Time to Rise and Shine
- The Book of YES: The Ultimate Real Estate Agent Conversation Guide
- Your First 365 Days in Real Estate: How To Build A Successful Real Estate Business (Starting With Nothing)
- Real Estate License Exams For Dummies with Online Practice Tests
- SOLD: Every Real Estate Agent’s Guide to Building a Profitable Business
- The $100,000 Part-Time Real Estate Agent: How I Consistently Make Full-Time Income in Real Estate While Keeping My Day Job
- Exactly What to Say: For Real Estate Agents
- Success as a Real Estate Agent For Dummies
- The Half Millionaire Real Estate Agent: The 52 Secrets to Making a Half Million Dollars a Year While Working a 20-Hour Work Week
- The Full Fee Agent: How to Stack the Odds in Your Favor as a Real Estate Professional
- SOI : Building A Real Estate Agent's Sphere of Influence
- Ninja Selling: Subtle Skills. Big Results.
- Before You Are Licensed: 13 Actions To Jump Start Your Future Real Estate Career
- The Startup Agent: Start Your Real Estate Business The Right Way, The First Time
- FREE weekly coaching
- FREE scripts and templates to guide your lead generation
- FREE Bootcamp course for real estate agents
- FREE course to help you be seen and get found on Google Discounts for real estate licensing and continuing education
- Early access to new products and resources
- Shift: How Top Real Estate Agents Tackle Tough Times
- Profit First for Real Estate Agents
The 1st book I ever read getting into the business. It’s like the realtor's bible. Read this and it’ll spell out all pieces of the business that any agent should plan to invest their time in. Covers lead generation, leverage, mechanics of the business, and finances. Start here!
It's no mystery that your first year in real estate is likely going to be the most challenging year you face. Many agents give up before even hitting their one-year mark. Much of this is due to the expectations of agents that get into the business. With Dirk Zeller's book, Your First Year in Real Estate, he shares the proper expectations and gives solid advice on how agents should spend each day throughout the year. He also shares some of the common pitfalls that new agents make, saving you some time and energy.
I love Pat Hiban. I’ve listened to his podcast, Real Estate Rockstars for years. He’s interviewed some of the best minds in real estate. This book is his step-by-step guide to creating success in real estate. All steps are relevant and spot-on to truly have success in this business. Pat’s all about actionable content so be prepared to have a lot to do after reading this book.
This book by Chris Smith, who I’ve watched and learned from afar, is one of THE best books for real estate agents on internet lead generation and conversion. I read this book in the summer of 2017. I had already been doing internet lead generation for years in a big way but got WAY more out of this book than I could have ever imagined. It has since quadrupled my lead generation and vastly improved my conversion process.
Here’s a book that doesn’t necessarily have to apply to real estate but because Gary Keller of Keller Williams wrote it and he references some real estate examples I’ll put it here. It’s just a great reminder, especially after reading the books above, that real success is done ONLY with focus. That’s not to say you can’t do multiple things in real estate to be successful. However, after reading this book it’ll make sense as to why focusing on your “one thing” is like pouring gasoline on a fire.
YouTube for Real Estate Agents: Learn How To Get Free Real Estate Leads And Never Cold Call Again.
Door knocking and cold calling are two of the least favorite activities for real estate agents, and for a good reason - our potential buyers and sellers don't like them either!
That's why YouTube is such a powerful tool for real estate marketing. With a well-crafted channel, you can learn how to get free real estate leads without making those dreaded cold calls or going door-to-door.
The Miracle Morning for Real Estate Agents is a guide to help you achieve greater success in your career. It offers tips and techniques from top-producing agents Rick and Michelle Masters, based on their experience of starting their day with The Miracle Morning routine.
In The Book of YES, you will find today's most powerful scripts in the real estate industry. These scripts have been proven to help agents close more deals naturally. Whether you're tired of the same old sales scripts or have done away with them, this book has something for you. Written by a real estate agent who was determined to figure out the perfect thing to say in every situation, this book provides agents with witty and compelling dialogue that will cause sellers and buyers to want to say "Yes!" to them every time.
Your First 365 Days in Real Estate is the essential guide to starting and building a successful real estate business. Written by experienced agent Shelley Zavitz, this book provides all the tips and advice you need to make it through your first year in the industry. This book covers everything you need to get ahead in real estate, with chapters on finding your niche, setting goals, marketing yourself, and more. So whether you're just starting or you've been working in the industry for a while and want to take your business to the next level, Your First 365 Days in Real Estate is a great next read!
The real estate market is hot, and you’ve got to be in it to win it. The first step to a successful real estate career is passing your state exam―and Real Estate License Exams For Dummies gives you the building blocks to help you succeed. It covers the latest information on contracts, deeds, appraisals, leasing, and mortgage types―plus four complete practice tests to know your way around the real thing.
Looking to set yourself apart from the competition and build a successful real estate career? Look no further than SOLD, the guide that provides expert insight from a top agent. With tips for rookie of the year and top agent status, this book is packed with everything you need to know to succeed in today's market.
If you want to make more money in real estate, this book is for you. It provides tips and strategies for consistently making a full-time income as a part-time real estate agent.
Real estate agents are always looking for new information on how to keep up with the fast-paced, ever-evolving world of real estate, technology, and social media. Give them the gift of knowledge, a resource they are bound to enjoy.
- Learn how to become a top-performing real estate agent in the latest edition of Success as a Real Estate Agent For Dummies, expert author Dirk Zeller shows you how to sell high-value homes, short sales, and more
- Discover key ways to communicate and prospect in a new online world with coverage on being successful selling high-value homes, how to sell short sales to buyers without scaring them off, and more
- Use third parties like Trulia, Realtor.com, and Zillow to drive leads and create exposure
- The Half Millionaire Real Estate Agent offers agents the secrets to making a half million dollars a year with only a 20-hour work-week
- Learn how to use the best tools for saving time and increasing productivity so that you can make more money in less time
The Full Fee Agent is a guide to charging your full fee and getting clients who are worth it. Written by a successful real estate agent, this book shows you how to stop discounting and start stacking the odds in your favor. You'll learn how to find high-paying clients, negotiate like a pro, and close more deals--without feeling pushy or sales-y.
Charging your full fee is the key to real estate success. The Full Fee Agent will show you how to get there.
SOI: Building A Real Estate Agent's Sphere of Influence is a training manual for those real estate agents wanting to move from a mere real estate practice to a systematized real estate business with the control and mastery of their results. You are not an ‘average agent,’ so you need to employ the tried and tested ways of the nation’s Top Producers to always have an abundance of prospective buyers and sellers lined up – people who know who you are by name and ‘brand,’ who come to you first to list their property or help them buy a house.
In Ninja Selling, author Larry Kendall offers a science-based selling system that gives predictable results regardless of personality type. Kendall teaches readers how to shift their approach from chasing clients to attracting clients by asking the right questions and listening to their clients.
Ninja Selling is an invaluable step-by-step guide that shows readers how to be more effective in their sales careers and increase their income per hour.
Before You Are Licensed is a short and straightforward guide that will teach you how to start your real estate career on the right foot. If you're not sitting on a pile of cash, you have no choice but to hit the ground running the minute you are licensed. This guide will teach you how to acquire market knowledge, nurture a future client base, research brokerages, and create marketing materials for future use. Don't let yourself become another statistic - get started today with Before You Are Licensed.
The Startup Agent is not just another real estate book. When you buy this book, you get access to unbelievable resources to fuel the growth of your business.
The book's goal is to help you START your real estate business as much as humanly possible. If you have recently completed “Real Estate School," this is a great book to help get you on the right path.
Shift: How Top Real Estate Agents Tackle Tough Times offers 12 strategies for success in any market, including short sales, foreclosures, and REOs. Learn how to overcome buyer reluctance, manage expenses, and generate leads to expand your business options. This witty guide will jump-start your business in tough times and power it forward in good times.
What if you had an easy button for your real estate money? Profit First has helped hundreds of thousands of businesses escape the perils of barely getting by and achieve instant profitability. Damon Yudichak has translated the Profit First system to meet the unique needs of real estate agents. They face inconsistent income, ever-increasing expenses, and dreaded tax surprises. Overwhelm ensues, and finances become a tangled, complicated mess. It's time to simplify and prosper.
Profit First for Real Estate Agents is built on two timeless money principles: make more than you spend and
Go Pick Up One Today!
Well, there you have it. 25 of the best books for real estate agents, in my opinion. I hope that you’ll go out and pick up one of these today.
The saying goes, “Leaders are Readers,” and now you have plenty of excellent books to go out there and read.
Would You Like To Partner With Me?
I’ve helped hundreds of real estate agents, team leaders, & brokers all over the country increase their sales, online presence, and create scalable systems. I would love the opportunity to work with you. Together, we can make this year your best yet!