If you’re a real estate agent, then you know that staying ahead of the curve is key to success.
That’s why it’s important to stay up-to-date on the latest real estate social networks. In 2022, there are going to be some big changes in the real estate industry, and those who are prepared will be able to take advantage of them.
So, which social networks should you be using in 2023?
Keep reading to find out!
If you would rather watch or listen to this content, check out the video or podcast below!
How Important Social Media Marketing Has Become
In the past, being a Realtor on social media was considered a “good thing to do”. Today, it has become imperative to have a growing presence on at least one but possibly multiple social networks.
The social media platform of choice for a real estate professional has changed over the years. Just a few years ago, if you were on Facebook, you were good to go. Whereas today, agents are considering investing in Youtube, Instagram, Tik Tok, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat, and others.
The real estate social media landscape is always changing, so it’s important that agents stay up-to-date on the latest social networks. It’s also important that agents look at social media and the content they choose to place on these platforms as an investment.
It’s often an investment of your time, energy, and money therefore which platform will give you the very best return? Where should you put your resources so that you can receive a consistent stream of business?
In 2022, there are going to be some big changes in the social media landscape, and those who are prepared will be able to take advantage of them.
The Best Social Networks for Real Estate Agents in 2023
Here’s my list of the best real estate social networks in 2023. I’ll share why I believe these networks are positioned as the top social media platforms for real estate agents, and I’ll also include some tips on how to make the most of them.
We all know that video has become a mainstay in real estate marketing over the last few years. Moving forward it’s only going to get bigger and more important.
In fact, the average person spent over 44 minutes per day on YouTube in 2021. This is more than any other social network on this list.
I believe in 2022, YouTube is the number one social media channel for real estate agents.
The reason I believe this is because I’ve seen what it can do first-hand for agents. I’ve witnessed $8 million dollar agents sell $30 million one year later after publishing 25 videos on their channel.
Simply put, video is the future of real estate social media.
YouTube has over a billion users, so it’s safe to say your ideal client is on there and searching for you.
When it comes to social media marketing, YouTube should be your number one priority.
Tips for using YouTube as a real estate social network:
- Create a channel and be consistent with your content marketing. I recommend at least once per week if you can, but even one video per month is better than nothing.
- Cross-promote your content on social media to give it a boost in views and followers. The YouTube algorithm favors videos that are actively engaged with, so social media promotion (as well as your email list if you have one) is key.
- Use tags and keywords in your titles and descriptions to help people find your videos.
- Use thumbnails that are eye-catching and represent your brand well.
- Get familiar with keyword research and choose videos that are being searched for in your market (not simply just what you want to create).
- Encourage engagement from your audience in the comments section.
A major benefit of YouTube over any other social network on this list is that it’s the most “searchable” platform (outside of writing a blog post on Google). What this means is that when you create a piece of content it works for you for months and even years afterward.
Whereas with most other real estate social networks, the content you create today is gone tomorrow. This means you need to consistently publish new content otherwise you’ll lose momentum.
The benefit of this is scale. Once you understand how YouTube works and you create videos that rank well and get views you can expand into additional markets and niches while your old content continues to work for you.
With other social networks, this is possible but it’s much more challenging to scale.
In 2022, Facebook will still be a powerful real estate social media platform for agents.
In fact, behind YouTube, people spent the second most time on this platform in 2021 (35 minutes). That’s more than Instagram (33 minutes) and TikTok (32 minutes).
Outside of Facebook being one of the largest social networks, it is also such a versatile social platform. It allows you to connect with your audience in a number of ways – through posts, videos, groups, marketplace, and ads.
You can also target your ideal client on Facebook very effectively.
Tips for using Facebook as a social media platform for real estate marketing:
- Create a Facebook page for your business and make sure to fill out all the information (including your website URL).
- Make use of videos (especially LIVE) on Facebook. They perform better than photos and text posts.
- Post frequently. I recommend at least once per day, but the more social media posts you send out the better.
- Create Facebook groups for your target market(s) and start discussions, share content, and connect with potential clients.
- Run Facebook ads to reach your target market(s) more effectively. You can laser-target your ideal client on Facebook and get your ads in front of them for a fraction of the cost of other social media platforms.
- Focus on both outbound engagement in groups to gain awareness of you and your brand as well as always responding to engagement on your content.
Using Facebook Marketplace as a real estate agent in 2022 is an amazing way to generate tons of free leads.
To create a property listing on Facebook Marketplace, all you need is a photo of the listing and some details. You can generate leads directly on Facebook or direct traffic to a landing page to generate the leads on your own website.
If you’re new to the business, you can also promote other agents’ listings with written permission from the broker (or agent if under the same brokerage).
It’s very easy to create listings for your properties on social media, and you can also create social media posts that showcase these listings.
The social media post will show up in the newsfeed of all your social media followers, and the social media listing will be visible to anyone who searches for real estate in your area on Facebook Marketplace.
In 2022, Instagram has certainly closed the gap on Facebook and may potentially overtake it as the preferred social network for real estate agents between the two moving forward.
The reason I believe this is because Instagram caters to more of a visual audience versus Facebook which is more balanced between conversation and visuals.
Real estate also tends to be much more of a visual interest to most. The more appealing your content is, the quicker you can gain a following on Instagram.
Also, there is a wide range of options to gain brand awareness including the explore page, Instgram reels, stories, your highlights, shop, and search (becoming more widely used). If Instagram is going to be a major social media strategy for your real estate business I recommend getting familiar with each and making use of them.
Tips for using Instagram as a real estate social media platform:
- Post photos and videos of your listing, team members, and community regularly.
- Use social media marketing tools to schedule social media posts in advance. Also, make use of social media templates so you can create attractive social media posts quickly and easily.
- Use hashtags relevant to real estate and your target market(s).
- Engagement with accounts in your target market is key. This includes individuals and businesses that serve your ideal potential client.
- Run Instagram ads. They are highly targeted and have a high conversion rate.
- Monitor Instagram analytics (free with a business or creator account) to stay aware of your social media marketing performance so you can create more of what works and less of what doesn’t
- Add social media hashtags strategically using software like Flick.
Overall Instagram is an amazing social network for real estate agents that can be used to generate leads, market listings, and build a social media community.
In 2022, TikTok will have a much stronger presence for real estate agents.
This social media platform is great for generating leads because it’s a visual platform that allows you to really showcase your listings and personality.
In addition, there are tons of creative ways to generate leads on TikTok.
You can create videos that link back to your website or landing pages, share listings, or even raise awareness about the home buying and selling process.
Short-form video is growing in popularity, so it’s important for real estate agents to start experimenting with this marketing platform.
One major benefit of TikTok in 2022 is that because it’s still one of the younger social networks, it’s still growing and has less competition.
This also means that it organically promotes your content more than Facebook and Instagram, all other things being equal.
Tips for using TikTok as a social media platform for real estate:
- Create social media videos that showcase listings, home buying, and selling tips, and real estate market updates.
- Use trending themes (as seen in other popular TikTok videos) and incorporate that into real estate and your business.
- Incorporate social media marketing tools to help you create and schedule videos in advance.
- Make use of popular music and audio to creatively reach your social media audience.
- Use TikTok hashtags relevant to real estate and your target market(s).
- Actively engage with accounts
- Create short videos that answer your target audience’s questions.
- Use influencer marketing and partner with established brands to help kick start your account’s following (Just be sure to choose brands your target audience follows as well so that you gain relevant followers).
Overall TikTok likely has the greatest potential on this list. However, there are also many drawbacks that should be considered before going all-in.
Is your target audience really using TikTok? While the demographic is certainly getting more and more diverse, TikTok is still widely used by a younger audience (perhaps not ready to purchase a home just yet).
How many changes will the algorithm undergo as it continues to grow? While growing a following is easier on this platform than many others right now, it most likely won’t stay that way forever.
Notable Mention Real Estate Social Networks
For agents looking to gather business on Linkedin, you’ll want to focus on joining groups and interacting with potential leads.
You can also post articles related to real estate on your profile, as well as share your listings.
LinkedIn is great for branding and networking with other professionals in the real estate industry, but it likely won’t generate many leads on its own.
Twitter is another social media platform for agents to share their listings and connect with potential leads. However, it’s important to note that Twitter isn’t as visual as other social networks like Instagram and TikTok.
That said, Twitter is great for sharing articles, social media content, and other social media posts.
It’s also a great place to interact with potential colleagues in the real estate industry through social media hashtags. I’m a big consumer of Twitter content but not as excited about its use as a real estate lead generation source.
Pinterest is a real estate social media platform that an agent can use to share their listings as well as other helpful articles and images related to real estate.
Since Pinterest is a visual marketing platform, agents can create boards that are specifically tailored to their target audience.
For example, an agent could create a board about “How to Prepare Your Home for Sale” and share helpful tips on the platform.
However, I don’t know many real estate agents that have had much success generating leads with Pinterest as of late.
While Snapchat isn’t the most popular social media network, it still has a large enough user base to be worth considering.
Like Instagram and TikTok, Snapchat is a visual social media platform for real estate agents to share social media content and videos.
Final Thoughts On The Best Real Estate Social Network
Ultimately the best social network is the one you’ll use. If you have a particular social media platform that you’re already comfortable with and is used by your target market, use it!
But if you’re looking to explore other social networks, hopefully, this article has helped you make a decision.
Would You Like To Partner With Me?
I’ve helped hundreds of real estate agents, team leaders, & brokers all over the country increase their sales, online presence, and create scalable systems. I would love the opportunity to work with you. Together, we can make this year your best yet!